9.26.2006

The Premier of Heroes

What happens when a handful of people from around the globe develop uncanny abilities? Some embrace it. Some are confused. Some are horrified. You've got the basics: flying, invulnerability, ability to bend space and time. But then you've got the more obscure: the guy who paints the future; the woman whose mirror image is more than it seems.

Heroes (which premiered last night on NBC) looks to be intelligently-written and fairly creative. And how can you go wrong when it's about superpowers? (Well, I guess a ton of movie writers, directors, and producers can answer that, but this seems to be the exception.) And you've got to appreciate the subtle nod to comic books in the premier episode (X-Men to be exact).

The characters lives are woven together in some rather inventive ways, and I'm looking forward to see how this show will play out.

If you missed it, check it out; there's an encore tonight at 8/7 Central, and it looks like the Sci Fi Channel will be showing the same episodes each week, but on Fridays.

2 comments:

Mister Bones said...

I have a feeling I'm really going to dig this show. I'm hoping for an equally entertaining replacement for my beloved Surface.

Jim said...

Surface was one of those shows I had to drop because I was already watching enough stuff. Too bad, as I've heard a lot of good things about it.