4.20.2007

Marvel Team-Up: Spider-Man and The Edge

Apparently, a Spider-Man musical is in the works.

It actually might be pretty good if U2's Bono and The Edge are writing the music and lyrics, but even if it's for real, I'm not sure it will be worth a trip to New York. Superhero Hype! even has a casting breakdown.

What I really want to know is, where's my Batman Musical that Tim Burton was supposed to direct?? Now for that I'd travel to NY.

[Side note: From this Wikipedia article, I found out that you can actually download songs that were made for the musical (Batman, not Spider-Man) at Jim Steinman's website. Steinman is a composer who was working with Burton; his credits include Bat Out of Hell (the album) and one of my all time favorite 80's songs (Total Eclipse of the Heart), among others . And holy crap - now I absolutely have to buy Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell III!]

Thanks to Kung Fu Rodeo.

No comments: