4.01.2007

Entertainment, Pop Culture, and DC Comics

I was listening to my podcasts on the way to work the other day, and came to the most recent DC Comics podcast: Crossing Over: How the Comics Boom is Changing Entertainment (other podcasts from DC can be found on iTunes or the DC downloads page).

The podcast is a recording of a panel from the New York Comic Con and includes a number of people from different areas of entertainment that will be working on comics with DC (now or very soon) - Percy Carey, hip hop artist; Cecil Castelluci, writer/novelist, among other things; Marc Bernardin, Senior Editor at Entertainment Weekly; Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series - duh); and Brian K. Vaughan of Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man fame.

It's an interesting discussion of the, well, crossover, between comics and other forms of entertainment. If you don't want to listen to it, there's a pretty lengthy description of it over in the Newsarama Forums, but being a panel, I think it's more interesting to the ears...

Addendum: Especially this quote that I forgot to mention:

It's sad that I have to wear pants to work.
-Brian K. Vaughan

Dang, my dad always said I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on...

No comments: