11.29.2006

Back in Black

That's the catch-phrase for the upcoming Spider-Man books, according to this month's Marvel Previews. Apparently, Spidey's symbiotic suit is making a comeback. All of the Spider-Man titles in February will feature the black suit, including:
  • Amazing Spider-Man #539
  • Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #17
  • Sensational Spider-Man #35
  • Spider-Man Family #1
Hmmmm...could it be merely coincidence that this run with the black suit will coincide with the movie release of Spider-Man 3 that will introduce millions of film-goers to the black suit and to Venom?

3 comments:

Mister Bones said...

Of course they're playing on the whole aftermath of Civil War and Peter being in a "dark place" hence the black costume. I don't think it's going to be the symbiote though, at least I hope he's not stupid enough to put it back on, more than likely just a black costume ala McFarlanes Spider-Man when he went into the sewers to find Morbius.

That's how they'll explain it to us comic nerds, however you're absolutely correct in that it's to sell comics to joe movie-goer when Spidey 3 hits. It's fine with me though, I've always dug the black costume Venom or no, so I'm looking forward to it.

Jim said...

You know, I was wondering about that. But when I read the blurb about Spider-Man Family #1 (under the same "Back in Black" theme), it referred to the symbiote. Do you know if that title is in current continuity?

Mister Bones said...

Hmm, I don't believe it is continuity but don't quote me on that. I'll have to look into it.