10.24.2006

It's the End of the World As We Know It?

The crossover event of the decade!

Or the lame idea of the century?

I apologize to all the True Believers out there when I say this, but it had to be Marvel that came up with this.

This fall, the Marvel Universe is crossing over with The Guiding Light. Yes, that's a soap opera.

Starting this week (that's tomorrow, I guess), 4 Marvel comics will have a back-up story featuring the New Avengers (along with a number of other heroes and some villains) descending on Guiding Light's town of Springfield.

Why? Well, obviously because (due to a Halloween accident) one of the characters on the show develops super powers. To be honest, I guess I'm almost surprised this hasn't happened before.

I can't bring myself to talk about it any more here, but if you want to know more (including a list of comics that carry the story), take a look at this article in the The Gazette out of Colorado Springs.

Thanks to Pop Candy.

No comments: