1.23.2006

Retro-Blog: The Tick on DVD

Some of the most exciting news I've heard in a long time; I don't think I would have gotten through grad school without The Tick. SpaceJunk.org reports that the animated series will likely make it's way to DVD sometime in 2006. It had an excellent 3-year run. I have fond memories of getting up every Saturday morning to watch Animaniacs, Eek! the Cat, The Tick, X-Men, and Spiderman. My wife thought I was wierd, but I think she's used to it now.

IMO, I'd have to say that The Tick is probably my favorite TV show of all time - it still cracks me up. After watching the show for a while, I picked up the original 12-issue comic book series by Ben Edlund, and it's just as inspired. Well worth a read if you get the chance. Unfortunately, I let my sister-in-law's boyfriend borrow them and haven't seen them since. Chris, if you're reading this, send me back my Tick Omnibus #1 and 2! (Dang - it may not help that I don't remember his last name.)

If you can't wait for the DVD to come out, Toon Disney is running the show fairly regularly.

No comments: