9.11.2009

Super News!

Ok - this is a good enough reason to come out of hiding.

James Gunn is working on a new superhero movie.

I first became a fan of Gunn when I saw The Specials several years ago - he wrote the film, and played the super hero Minute Man (he's not fast; he shrinks).

It was genius. It was hilarious.

He also wrote the two Scooby Doo movies (which I really enjoyed), wrote and directed Slither (which I haven't seen), and wrote the Troma film, Tromeo and Juliet (somewhat...disturbing; but then it's Troma).

I follow him on Twitter. And I'm his friend on Facebook.

(I don't think I'm stalking him.)

I found out today on Twitter that he's working on a new movie called Super.

With Rainn Wilson.

And Ellen Page.

And Liv Tyler.

This is exciting news.

He describes it as: "a dark, comedic, gritty, very unusual, and grounded film".

James talks about it here.

2 comments:

Mister Bones said...

Slither is absolutely fantastic. If you still haven's seen it, I highly recommend it.

Good to see you blogging again :)

Jim said...

I'll have to take a look at it.

And thanks!