12.02.2007

November 2007 Previews Pop Culture Crossover

OK, so still don't have the December Previews that came out a couple weeks ago, but I was able to hunt down November's issue outside of Gatlinburg, TN.

Here's a few comics on sale in January, from movies and television. Bones, I finally got around to the comics you've been talking about. Let me know how you like My Name is Bruce.

TV
  • Dr. Who #1 (new series, IDW)
    Science fiction buff that I am, I never seemed to get into any of these series. I believe this series is based on the current show running on Sci Fi.
  • Star Trek: Alien Spotlight: Borg (one-shot, IDW)
    Ah, the ever-popular Borg. IDW's series continues, spotlighting the alien races from Star Trek.

Movies

  • Evil Dead #1 (4-part mini, Dark Horse)
    This is Bruce Campbell, returned to his roots. This adaptation comes with some additional scenes.
  • My Name is Bruce (one-shot, Dark Horse)
    Continuing with the Bruce Campbell theme, this is based on his movie due out sometime in 2007. I think we're awfully close to that date slipping a bit.
  • Star Wars: Vector (crossover, Dark Horse)
    Crossover that seems to run through all of the current Star Wars titles. Every episode is listed in Previews, and probably on Dark Horse's site.


Books/Stories

  • Simon Bisley's Paradise Lost (graphic novel, Verotik)
    I actually enjoyed the epic poem in high school. This adaptation should be interesting.

Animation

  • Crayon Shinchan Vol. 1 (TPB, CMX (DC))
    You know, I've just never caught the bug on animated, foul-mouthed kids. Apparently, this is the manga the Cartoon Network Adult Swim caroon is based on.
  • Gumby: Volume 1 (TPB, Wildcard Ink)
    I love stop motion - I really need to get my hands on some of these episodes. Collects issues #1-3.
  • Speed Racer: Chronicles of the Racer #1 (new series, IDW)
    This might be a little before my time, but still, it's something I never really got into. This is based on the cartoon, but watch for the movie adaptation coming soon.
  • Voltron Complete Omnibus (Hardcover Collection, Devil's Due)
    It seems to be theme this month, but this is a cartoon from my childhood that I never seemed to watch. This 304-page hardcover collects the entire series - both volumes.

This is the part where you tell me what I missed.

3 comments:

Mister Bones said...

Ah, I was a month off, heh. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I get it read. I kinda think I should wait to see the movie first, but I know I won't be able to do that.

Jim said...

Did you see The Man with the Screaming Brain? Weird stuff...

Mister Bones said...

I did! I've also got the t-shirt and 3 issue comic adaptation. Weird stuff indeed, but I loved it.